Do you remember your school sports day or your favourite playground when you were young?
What would you find if you were to return today? It may have been uprooted and a brand new, state-of-the-art synthetic surface installed in its place.
Now, thanks to advancing technologies, sports field and playground surfaces are constructed using synthetic granules, binders and adhesives. For example:
- Artificial turf – TigerMulch© – is produced from recycled truck tyres. Resembling wood bark, it makes a safer, slip resistant, surface for children to play on.
- EPDM rubber mixed with polyurethane binders are used to create all-weather playgrounds in a variety of colours and shapes with cushioning to protect children when they fall.
- Artificial turf provides surfaces for all-weather sports pitches – to FIFA-PRO quality.
- Aerokin EPDM is a replacement for natural grass. It is designed and tested for safety and to enhance athletic and sports performance.
Customer satisfaction and quality
Northane specialises in supplying synthetic binders, coatings, adhesives and rubber granules for sports and play surfaces.
We work with customers and suppliers to design, develop and improve synthetic surface products for competitive sport and recreational play.
99% of our customers say they’ll never use an alternative product to EDPM. It performs better and is safer than other products.
Service and reputation
It is important for every supplier in a chain to provide excellent products and service and we are conscious that our expertise serves customers and suppliers alike.
“Product knowledge second to none,” “marketing leading products, “delivery ahead of time,” “information and help during ordering was fantastic” are some of the reasons why customers continue to buy from us after 20 years – helping maintain their reputation as market leaders in sports and play installations.
“Every year we supply enough rubber and binder to cover the whole of Monaco – twice.”
Safety standards and performance
Our principal manufacturers and partners, Stockmeier and Gezolan are constantly innovating and we work with them to develop new and improved surfacing products.
- All products are manufactured to quality standard ISO 9001 and comply with the EU’s REACH regulations, protecting human health and the environment in the use of chemicals.
- Stobitan athletics track systems are IAAF tested and certified
- Playground surface systems are tested to BS7188, BSEN1176 and BS1177 safety regulations
- Through our principal manufacturers, we are associate members of the Sports and Play Construction Association and the Association of Play Industries.
Our customers are specialists in their own fields of sports and playground surfacing. We work with them to develop and improve products which continuously improve the quality of sports pitches, tracks and playgrounds in the UK. Their sports facilities and play grounds meet the standards of Sport England, the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) and comply with FIFA, FIH, RFU, World Rugby and IAAF requirements.
Would you like to find out more about Northane’s products and services?
Please phone: 0161 485 8141.